View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 11:37 AM   #68
entodoays
Zealot
entodoays will become famous soon enoughentodoays will become famous soon enoughentodoays will become famous soon enoughentodoays will become famous soon enoughentodoays will become famous soon enoughentodoays will become famous soon enoughentodoays will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1
So I tried to follow the procedure in the link in post #63, with one modification. I do not intend to modify init so I simply extracted the rootfs without uboot headers of the good PRS-T1, and tried to copy it to the other one.

What I did exactly:
1. Instead of extracting the rootfs from /dev/mmcblk I extracted from a Full backup file for both the good and the faulty PRST1s. The rootfs.img was 1Mb size. I tried
Code:
diff faultyrootfs.img goodrootfs.img
They differed.
2. I created a newrootfs from the good PRS-T1 with the makeimage command as per instructions.
3. I ran
Code:
dd if=../newrootfs.img of=/dev/sdb bs=1 seek=5242880
, this time on the Reader and not on the backup file. (Needed sudo privileges).
4. Resetted the Reader… got stuck at opening book with a blank progress bar which didn't advance.
5. I restored the backup I had done of the faulty reader (after the problem began) with
Code:
dd if=Backup.bin of=/dev/sdb
and the Reader booted normally.

P.S. I'm on Ubuntu and the Reader internal sdcard is /dev/sdb so I replaced /dev/mmcblk2 with /dev/sdb.

Last edited by entodoays; 01-30-2013 at 03:53 PM. Reason: Clarification
entodoays is offline   Reply With Quote