Thread: Typos in ebooks
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2010, 09:35 PM   #5
LDBoblo
Wizard
LDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by SensualPoet View Post
Just for my own edification ... are we talking about "real" books here -- Harper Collins, Penguin, Random House et al -- as opposed to "Google Books" and public domain material?

Occasionally some gaffe turns up even in commercial paper product but these are rare. Is that frequency we are talking about? Or are commercial e-books simply shoddier than their direct hard cover and paper back counterparts?
From my experience with both free and commercial ebooks, they're simply shoddier. I not too long ago went through a file that was around 600 pages on my reader, and every time I came across a typo, I bookmarked it so I could fix it up when stripping it and converting to PDF. By the time I got to the end of the book, I checked the bookmark count: 126.

The overall rate is lower, but still makes paperbacks look great by comparison.
LDBoblo is offline   Reply With Quote