View Single Post
Old 12-19-2008, 03:57 AM   #1
ericshliao
Guru
ericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enough

Device: Dell X51v; iLiad v2
mpg123 v1.6.2 for iLiad

This is a console mode mp3 player. Because of its console mode user interface, it's fast and lightweighted, and easy to be controlled from contentlister.

There are two ways to control mpg123, one is from shell, and the other is from its "Generic Control Interface". The former is what I used in the package for illustration. The later is used to provide an interface to all frontends.
Ideally, using "Generic Control Interface" is a better way to control mpg123 from contentlister, but I don't know how. I still don't know how to do it, so I can only point this out and leave it for people to study.

How to install:
1. Download and unpack the attachment to dir "programs" of your SD/MMC, and then a dir "mpg123" will emerge.
2. put a mp3 in "mpg123" dir, rename it as "test.mp3".
3. The path is not mandatory, unpack it to anywhere should be working.

How to operate:
1. Tap "play music" from contentlister, wait for music play and then you can open your favorite book.
2. In the attachment, I provide an expample to play one mp3 file, and you can't stop, pause, control volume... more control commands can be added to shell script. But I would suggest people study how to control mpg123 via "Generic Control Interface".
3. After music played, it seems that mpg123 is still in idle process, so I can't play it once more, unless after reboot. It should be fixable by using proper command.

This man doc is well formated. See it here.

There are two attachments. Just download v1.6.3pre. It works fine for remote control interface. Thanx for Thomas' help.

Added:
I mistakenly removed some static lib from 1.6.3pre package. It's re-uploaded now.
Attached Files
File Type: zip mpg123.1.6.iliad.bin.zip (300.7 KB, 291 views)
File Type: zip mpg123.1.6.3pre.iliad.bin.zip (1.05 MB, 260 views)

Last edited by ericshliao; 12-19-2008 at 04:13 PM.
ericshliao is offline   Reply With Quote