View Single Post
Old 07-05-2013, 08:24 PM   #4
Uschiekid
Tenrec
Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo
Instead of the zoom in increments setting (which does NOT work well, as others have described), try the "fit to page" setting, left to right...this should make the page only show the writing and when you turn the page, it should pop back to the top and be centred properly.

One caveat....you may need to pre-crop your pdf margins by computer. if the pdf has reasonable margins, it might work without, but most of my pdfs needed a crop to make this work reasonably. They do however have insanely large margins, so you might not need to. I'm an ubuntu-er, so I use PDF-Shuffler as an easy margin cropping tool for pdfs...works like a charm. Got pointed to that tool off someone here at MR, though I can't remember who. But thanks to them anyhow!

May be a pain if you have to crop your margins, but it makes for a hell of a lot easier way to read pdfs.
Uschiekid is offline   Reply With Quote