View Single Post
Old 09-28-2012, 05:42 PM   #56
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francois_C View Post
I never purchased a single kepub as I noticed the choice was still poor for French books and the display was not satisfactory with all samples I tried when I purchased the reader (poor layout, no justify, display and gross typographic errors with firmware 1.9x: this was not commercial quality at all, not professional work. Maybe this is better now, but a scalded dog fears cold water).
So only sideloaded books. On my SD card. Maybe it depends upon the encoding.
The two books I have read yesterday had no issue, but where rather short ones.
The last time I met the issue was with a big one (around 400 pages of a paper book), which seems very lightly encoded, with hardly any useless code, created with Writer2xhtml (from an OpenOffice document). I opened it in Sigil, hoping to lighten it, but found nothing to remove...
Hm. Have you tried reading straight from the Touch's memory instead of from the SD card? I'm currently reading a sideloaded ebook who's paperback has 742 pages, so almost twice as big as yours, and I have no delays whatsoever. So it shouldn't be due to the book size. I do not use an SD card.

As for your kepub experience: understandable. Are you sure there was no justify though? From the book menu from within the book, you have the option to switch justify on and off (and change the font and size and margin size) etc...
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote