View Single Post
Old 06-29-2011, 08:40 PM   #86
jgray
Fanatic
jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara 2E & Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karina View Post
The new 1.2.0 release should solve this size problem (we are testing on a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, too). As I said in my previous post, this 1.2.0 improves the support for tablets, with fixes like this but this is not a real new specific HC UI organization yet.
In reading mode, the toolbar icons and text are much easier to read now.

In the Library, the text in List or Details is better, but still a bit small. I would really like to see at least a small/medium/large option for this.

In Lexicon, Notes and Bookfinder, the text is still microscopic.

The different Views are nice.

A few more tweaks and I'll be ready to buy this app to replace Aldiko Pro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karina View Post
We probably can communicate with external dictionary apps, as a simple solution. We'll check it and give you more feedback soon.
If you add the ability to do a lookup via commercial, third-party dictionaries like the OED or Oxford American English, that would be outstanding.

I guess the best solution would be to figure out how to add these commercial dictionaries to Android, so they could be called by any program via the standard API. I'd buy that solution in a heartbeat. Obviously, the dictionaries would cost extra.

I know that several dictionaries like the OED are available on Android, but as far as I can tell, they only allow word lookup within the dictionary app. They don't seem to integrate into the Android API for use wthin another app.

I haven't kept up with the latest epub specification, but I know there was discussion about how to incorporate dictionary usage into epub. You might see if anything alone those lines was added. Going forward, it would be good to adhere to the specification, if possible.

Joe
jgray is offline   Reply With Quote