View Single Post
Old 06-01-2010, 03:20 PM   #6
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Smile Most feel we are very quick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daewoo View Post
I charged it overnight with the SD card out, reset it, and it is still stuck on the same page.

I am thinking it is probably some kind of hardware failure.

Now I am trying to decide whether to do an RMA at newegg or get with customer service at Astak. I am shooting for "quickest turnaround" since I was really enjoying the thing before it croaked.

Has anybody had any experience with Astak support as far as getting a unit replaced? How quick are they?
Dear Daewoo:

I work for Astak and just got back from a huge conference. Otherwise I would have responded sooner.

Have you tried contacting Astak at: 1-866-368-8788 (M-F, 9:30 a.m.-6:30 p.m. PDT) or sending an email to: support@astak.com. That is the fastest way. Let us provide some steps to take to ascertain the problem and get you up and running. It could be a bad battery OR you could think you are charging and are not.

Please first try going to: www.theEZreader.com/html and looking for our FAQ sheet under "support". That will tell you what you should see when you charge. If you are indeed seeing the proper "plug" icon and the flashing red/orange light and such... then we can eliminate some of the possibilities.

Astak has a rather incredibly good reputation for fast and honest Tech Support. Let us try to get things right. Do not worry.
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote