View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 09:25 AM   #1
nogle
Gangnam style!
nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
A Couple of Questions for Kobo...

Dear Kobo,

I have a couple of questions that have me stumped.

First, I plan on reading Conents Under Pressure: 30 Years of Rush at Home and Away. It has come up in my recommended list twice and both times I added it to my wish list to keep track of it. In reviewing my wish list I saw it there twice, and so deleted one. Then I tought that perhaps there are two editions and I should check. I search both within the desktop application and the website (using "contents under pressure") and it shows up twice in both places both books with the same ISBN. So, I don't get it; is it in your database twice, in the index twice? If I buy one and it is broken somehow does that mean both listings are broken (I only ask because I have had a broken book from ECW is the past, which you credited back to me).

Second, I sometimes wonder about your recommendation engine. It has been getting better as I have trained it with "not interested" and rating books I have already read. But, in this particular case, you recommend to me the third book in the Fifty Shades of Grey series. Aside from not being interested in it, I wonder why you would recommend the third book without me having read or shown interest in the first two and without even recommending the first two. It just seems odd.

Thanks for listening.
nogle is offline   Reply With Quote