View Single Post
Old 08-30-2013, 04:18 PM   #6
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I'm a bit baffled by the claim (or at least the wording) myself.
To my knowledge, no reader can open epubs encrypted with Adobe's ADEPT DRM without the backend RMSDK mechanism to associate it with the proper Adobe ID/account for decryption.
Yes it is weird. I can see how they might look at the metadata and let you download a like (DRM free) copy to the reader app so you can read it (assuming they have DRM free copies on their servers somewhere). But the app would otherwise need to have your Adobe credentials to open a DRM copy that you've uploaded.

Well, I must try it out. I haven't installed Readmill on my iPad, I'll see if I can download stuff from my library without authorizing with my Adobe ID. And I'll try B&N ebooks, which they didn't handle before.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote