View Single Post
Old 07-16-2013, 03:09 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by knadles View Post
Sorry if this has been asked before. I searched the forum and elsewhere on the net and didn't find an answer. I've been using Sigil for a few months now on a couple of different platforms (Win and Mac). Trying to set up a work flow for converting our paper magazine into ePub format.

I've noticed an odd behavior that I can't believe hasn't driven someone else batty: whenever I highlight a group of items and make a bulleted list by clicking on the list button, Sigil adds the span tag seen in the header above. For example:

<ul>
<li><span style="font-size: 0.9em;">Walla Walla</span><br /></li>

<li><span style="font-size: 0.9em;">Kukamunga</span><br /></li>

</ul>

You may also notice that Sigil is adding a completely unnecessary <br /> tag. Is this normal Sigil behavior? Is there a way to stop this? It happens no matter what computer I'm using, even with a fresh copy of Sigil. Obviously, I can do a find/replace to get rid of this junk, but I don't understand why it's showing up in the first place!

Thanks,
Pete
It is a side effect of joining line in BV (Del at the end of a line).
I made a cleanup REGEX.

Better yet, do your joins in CV and it does not happen.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote