View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 05:38 PM   #79
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libre 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by moffattm View Post
Exactly

If someone reports a fault then it's perfectly reasonably for other people to say if they have the same fault or not. Saying that they don't have the same fault is still valid, as this might mean that the fault is specific to one particular device or that certain conditions (settings, specific e-book, etc) might be causing the problem. This should cause the person to go back and try to figure out what's different about their particular device, it's not meant as saying that it's the original persons fault or that they're necessarily doing something wrong.
There are many posts that definitely DO convey that meaning though. Some actually go as far as to suggest using Calibre, or even sideloading, is the problem - for example only. I did not suggest they shouldn't post - I suggested that you shouldn't censure posts with any opinion to express, provided it falls within moderation guidelines. Let the readers of the forum judge for themselves by the type and frequency of the comments, just what the true situation really is. If Kobo gets lots of negative comments - there just might be a reason for that. OTOH if the negatives are frivolous, I am sure most people can see through that, and just attribute it to one user's personal frustration. It's just real life.
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote