View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 02:52 PM   #23
wizwor
Wizard
wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by markbot View Post
We need the equivalent of an Apple or Samsung in PC hardware.
I think Microsoft agrees with you. With the Surface, MS was letting people know what their software was designed for. I would not be surprised if MS continued to manufacture high cost, low volume reference hardware going forward.

@Penforhire, Sony produced very well balanced systems. They gave you enough hardware to run the software they felt was best to do the things people wanted to do with a personal computer.

This produced very high customer satisfaction, but the machines were not amazing. Apple's always been pretty amazing. Microsoft will amaze as well.

When I used to describe television brands, I would tell people that...

1) Pioneer was the best and priced as such
2) Panasonic, Samsung, and Sony were the second tier
3) Sony was priced between the first and second tier

I think Sony thinks that they add value at any given price point in everything they do.
wizwor is offline   Reply With Quote