Thread: Outlines?
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012, 01:09 PM   #48
Stephen B
Stephen B ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephen B ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephen B ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephen B ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephen B ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephen B ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephen B ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephen B ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephen B ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephen B ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephen B ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I don't outline. I find, once the story is underway, it develops a life of its own and even I don't know where its going. Of course you've got to be disciplined with this approach and not the story to become too long or too ridiculous.

What I do do is have a list of little elements that I want the story to include. It doesn't matter where, but they've got to be built in somewhere. I also can't start a new chapter until I've got the first line in my head. Everything flows from there. Does anyone else experience that?

S

[promotional link deleted - MODERAT0R]

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 11-01-2012 at 06:54 PM.
Stephen B is offline   Reply With Quote