View Single Post
Old 04-29-2009, 05:35 AM   #1
elegant
elegant began at the beginning.

Device: sony reader
Question Reformating books for Sony Reader with OpenOffice.org

Okay so I have a ebook in PDF format which I would like to reformat for the sony reader. I'll try to specific about my problems and what I'd like to do.

Opening up the file in Nitro PDF allows me to copy and paste plaintext. Tools > Select Text; Edit > Select All.

I copy into OpenOffice.org Writer. I think I lose bold and italics, which would be nice to retain but that's no big deal.

There seems to be an indicator for paragraphs but there are line breaks which cause a problem when I want to reform the text. I'd like each paragraph to be a single block of continuous text.

The next problem is that there is some sort of paragraph symbol (Hex: A00A), then a line break, {page number} {author name}, line break. This occurs every so often and interrupts the text. I'd like to remove it altogether.

It would be handy to have some options for the formatting of new paragraphs. E.g. single line break; line break and tab; double line break, etc.

I'm a bit of newbie with all this. Perhaps there are some OOo macros that can help me out. I already know how to adjust the size via Format > Page.

I don't want to use MSWord as it gives me some obscure error when I attempt to create a new macro. I think I prefer OOo anyway; it has native PDF output which is convenient.

TIA.

Last edited by elegant; 04-29-2009 at 05:42 AM.
elegant is offline   Reply With Quote