View Single Post
Old 08-26-2013, 12:01 PM   #156
Difflugia
Testate Amoeba
Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Many Android devices, Kindle 2, Toshiba e755 PocketPC
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyzazz View Post
Hi Everyone, Apologies in advance if I am posting this incorrectly or have gotten the wrong thread. I am a 45 year old of limited intelligence with two (10yr old) children, each of whom have a Kobo Vox. Today is August 26th 2013, and I understand now that this is important (having previously downloaded Gingerbreads and something beginning with Z, to no avail), as updates invalidate previous fixes. Could somebody please point me in the right direction, to root their devices? Many Thanks. Rob.
There isn't a "one-click" way to do it and probably there won't be. The easiest way to do it is to take the back off the Vox, remove the internal SD Card, make changes to the filesystem and put it all back together again. This requires enough knowledge of Linux filesystems to be able to mount and copy files to different partitions of the SD Card. Since this involves a real risk of damaging your Vox and I'm assuming that "limited intelligence" actually means "limited knowledge of computer hardware", I'd suggest that it might not be worth doing in your case (especially since the last Vox update included Google Play).

If you want to try, though, I'll help if I can.
Difflugia is offline   Reply With Quote