View Single Post
Old 05-15-2013, 08:34 PM   #1
crunchycookie
crunchycookie , Klaatu Barada Niktu!crunchycookie , Klaatu Barada Niktu!crunchycookie , Klaatu Barada Niktu!crunchycookie , Klaatu Barada Niktu!crunchycookie , Klaatu Barada Niktu!crunchycookie , Klaatu Barada Niktu!crunchycookie , Klaatu Barada Niktu!crunchycookie , Klaatu Barada Niktu!crunchycookie , Klaatu Barada Niktu!crunchycookie , Klaatu Barada Niktu!crunchycookie , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kobo Touch
Kobo Touch firmware update failure

A couple of days ago I plugged in my kobo touch and the desktop app updated itself and then updated the device. After this the divece wasnt visible in the windows desktop app, or as a disk in ubuntu, or calibre in unbuntu.

I did a factory reset and the hour glass icon never went away. I left it plugged into the power outlet overnight. In the morning the screen was blank. The power button did nothing and a pinhole reset just made the light flash green a few times and the screen refresh once, and then nothing. Still a blank screen.

At this point I tried extensive googling. I opened the black of the device for a look. I noticed the internal SD card. Some more googling and I decided to remove it and plug it into my computer. I can mount the first partition. The other two fail to mount with a corrupt superblock error. I can't mount the whole disk either I tried to create a backup image of the card with dd. This creates an image of about 150MB and then fails with an input/output error.

I believe if i had a clean SD image to put onto the card I could fix this problem but I am really not sure at this point. Does anyone have an ideas?

I notice there is a thread here from a few days ago with someone sharing an image for a touch model N905C, mine is a N905B, going by what is written on the device. Whould this image be compatible?

Thanks
crunchycookie is offline   Reply With Quote