View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 03:05 PM   #18
david_e
Seriously?
david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini, iWhatever
Why did I switch?

First reason, I prefer a digital lifestyle. I started with my music and iTunes. Then, as movies and tv shows became available, that was the next step. Now, books, magazines and newspapers have been the final step.

Second, I don't like a lot of clutter, almost to the point of being a minimalist. We only have three physical books in the house, two books that were life-changing for me that I've had since I was a teen, and my husband's bible. Everything else got donated to charity.

Third, I'm a bit of a recluse / agoraphobe. Add to that the fact I read two or more books a day and ebooks and some type of reader are an absolute necessity. I can browse as easily as I ever did in a B&M bookstore, Amazon is very good about having pages of similar books somewhere in the middle of the current page. That's just like browsing by cover or title in a B&M. I pick what looks interesting and get a sample sent. If I like the sample, I buy it.
david_e is offline   Reply With Quote