View Single Post
Old 12-30-2011, 08:25 PM   #7
CJJ
Zealot
CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: laptop, iriver Story HD, Galaxy Tab2 10.1
Chuckz-After reading your post I had to check it out. As I said I've been busy reading Library books that I used to read on my laptop. I'm usually backlogged with these because I reserve a bunch and inevitably they all seem to be available at the same time. I've no major complaints with any of them so far. On rare occasion there will be too many spaces between words.

So using the WIFI, I downloaded 11 Google books (all EPUB). Some I have previously read on my laptop. It took 7 minutes to download 11 titles. I've heard people complain about this. Seems reasonable to me. Maybe the other readers are much faster. I suppose file size plays a part in this. I had some big books with illustrations that seemed to take longer than others.

Obviously I did not check every page of every book. But I did look at several pages a chapter in each of the 11 books. Most books like “The Myths and Legends of Ancient Greece and Rome” looked fantastic. The illustrations were properly placed and of course had great detail.

I did notice in Pride and Prejudice that a sentence would finish mid page and then that paragraph would pick up on the next page. One would expect a new chapter or at the very least a new paragraph. I couldn't find that problem, or any others, on Moby Dick, Alice in Wonderland, Great Expectations or The Time Machine. These are all free books that Google tosses in your account.

So I guess I'm not so spooked. I don't doubt that you found mistakes but in my unscientific check it proved to be the exception not the rule in this small sampling. You may be more detail orientated than I am. Still, a blanket statement that Google books are full of errors seems overstated.

Ok, back to reading, no wonder I'm never caught up. Easily distracted time wasting fool that I am.
CJJ is offline   Reply With Quote