View Single Post
Old 12-07-2011, 10:24 PM   #5
Lazer
Groupie
Lazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
oooops.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazer View Post
My book has 55 color photos in it... (forensic stuff).

I converted it in Sigil, adding the photos that were already sized to 600w x 800 tall (or a few shorter) worked well. Conversion to .mobi went fine with Caliber.
[Image deleted - MODERATOR]

They look great on Kindle (B&W of course), iPhone, iPad or a Droid for that matter.

L
The moderator caught me sneaking in a bit of promotion, I've apologized to him directly. (I certainly don't envy your job.) The original photo height was was taller than the forum allows.... I think this one fits.

I used GIMP (it's free) to properly size all the photos and add text if needed. I think the text (embedded in the photo) is a good idea for an ebook since you can't be sure where text added below a photo might end up (based on the font size set by the reader). It's also a handy program for cover design. The pictures look GREAT on a K3 and are fine on a K2.

I'm currently writing in Scrivener (and love it)... I'll probably export my 2nd book from Scrivener as an ePub and then add the images in Sigil... so far I haven't had the luck in Scrivener with images as I had with Sigil. Final formatting will be done in Calibre.

I hope this helps.

L

p.s. Don:
Lazer is offline   Reply With Quote