View Single Post
Old 10-15-2011, 04:24 PM   #36
yifanlu
Kindle Dissector
yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoP View Post
Oops, sorry for asking.

I was under the impression that your 3.1 recovery kernel was patched from the binary 1) overwriting amazon signing keys with the jailbreak ones and 2) NOP-ing the password check instructions.
The recovery binary is patched, but I can't just copy and paste it into the kernel. There's various checksums and stuff to prevent kernel corruption. I don't have the time to figure out where all these checksums are and change them.
yifanlu is offline   Reply With Quote