View Single Post
Old 09-19-2013, 08:45 PM   #4
st_albert
Guru
st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by varlog View Post
A
Ad 1. As I see it EPUB 3 is a must.
EPUB 3. Aye, there's the rub. And that's exactly the Achilles' heel of my doomsday plan to "freeze" a working, relatively bug-free Sigil. Because someday, EPUB3 is going to be required.

And the code changes to Sigil, it has been said, will not be insignificant by a long shot. I think I understand that the current Sigil version politely ignores epub3-related code, so it might be useful in some fashion. But expanding tidy and flight crew, and who knows what else, to be fully epub3 compliant would be a massive task.

So now my doomsday plan is to retire from the business before epub3 becomes mission-critical.

Margarita-ville. Ah, lovely. Here I come!

Albert
st_albert is offline   Reply With Quote