View Single Post
Old 07-05-2010, 01:06 PM   #81
thepossum
Zealot
thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.thepossum can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kobo
1.4 Gotcha!

I saw in a previous post that the 1.4 firmware Kobo will now read .html files, so I tried to copy over a website mirror. It ended up being unmanageable, just a whole list of untitled index.html files. (Maybe I'll end up finding a way to convert the mirror into a .epub file, with sections separated into "Chapters", etc, but I'm not in too much of a hurry).

Note: I'm not particularly complaining about that part, it's kind of nice to be able to just drop an unconverted .html file onto the reader and find it in the "My Documents" list.

So since that much was useless for me, I reconnected the Kobo and deleted the whole subdirectory, ejected the kobo, and unplugged it from the usb.

And then the Gotcha! ALL of the now-deleted index.html files are still listed in the "My Documents" list. At least selecting one of them just brings up a blank screen with a document that's "Page 1 of 1" instead of crashing the reader. :-/

Does anybody have any idea how to reset the documents list without wiping the Kobo and starting over? Ack!
thepossum is offline   Reply With Quote