View Single Post
Old 07-08-2009, 03:51 PM   #80
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by junkyardwillie View Post
The Irex Iliad and the Sony PRS 500 are my only two ebook devices right now. In answers to your questions.

1. The Iliad allows you to create folders/subfolders on your memory card to organize your content. I like to organize my files by genre but you can name the folder whatever you want kind of like you would in Windows and you just have to navigate to it. I really like this over the way I worked with my PRS500, I didn't really use the genres I just used the main collections part so I had to navigate through bunch of pages to find my books
2. I think it depends more on the eBook than the reader. You can use links in the Iliad if the eBook supports it, I've had books where they had the backcover or dustcover summaries and you could jump to it in the TOC but I haven't see this too much.
3. On the Iliad you can rename files and delete files on the device. I like this because it keeps me from having to constantly go between my computer and the device to manage my files. I find I'm much more likely to just dump stuff on my Iliad than I was on my 500 because once I read it I can just delete it off. The extra step of needing to go to my computer kept me from overloading my 500 as well as the lack of folder support.

I also fine that the screen contrast is much nicer on my Iliad than on my 500. It could just be my 500 is old and that is what is causing it but its about a year older than my Iliad and I haven't been using it in a few months. I tried to start using it again and I found that I didn't like the contrast, it seems faint to me because the Iliad is sharper. I don't know if anyone else has the Iliad and the 500 to confirm this it could just be something exclusive to my device.
"I also fine that the screen contrast is much nicer on my Iliad than on my 500"
I can't comment about that, as I've never seen the Sony 500.
But in direct comparison, I'd say that Sony 505 and iRex iLiad are even in contrast/display quality. Meaning: iRex iLiad (and iRex 1000S as well) by far (beats Sony 700 hands down) has the best quality if you'd like to have a touchscreen.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote