Thread: Bug report
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2013, 03:45 AM   #298
Roos
Groupie
Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Scribe, Phone
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
Go to library.
- Position cursor at the epub in question
- hold middle button until you get menu
- go to menu "Open with"
- select fbreader if you are reading in epubreader. Try several options

You can also convert the file to other format, such as fb2
That sounds better then it is, some *&&*^*& thought it funny to make all text central aligned, making it look like a DTP experiment from the 70's Totally unreadable, and even stranger, the settings option you would expect to do something with this, does not work. But you pointed me in the right direction, FBReader180. I started looking for different versions, and Google showed me a Mobileread thread about it: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=160313
2011 <--- Yes indeed 2 years this problem exists!
Somehow when you change page-numbering to % the problem disappears. As far as i can see no one has ever looked into this, let alone fix it!
I will now try this on my reader, but have also downloaded a lot of versions of FBReader180 for the 9xx version, so if this does not work, i will try to replace the reader with other versions until i am rid of this annoying problem :-(
Roos is offline   Reply With Quote