View Single Post
Old 06-08-2011, 11:40 AM   #5
lestatar
LB's lolz Mutt Minion
lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, GalaxyTab, BB Bold9700, BB 8300, Sony Clie, Palm Vx, Palm III
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anarel View Post
Go Amazon!

@ Lestatar,

Do you like to read, or do you like books? I am a lifelong lover of reading.
Great question and I think I understand the distinction you are making here.

If I had to choose, indeed, it is reading that I love best, no question. I think it safe to say we all feel similarly here

Still, the physical nature of books themselves is pretty satisfying to my senses on so many levels. Smell, touch, visuals...even the sound of pages turning is pleasing to me.

A [not so] secret quirk of mine: when purchasing books from brick and mortar stores, I will handle as many copies as I need to in order to find the ones that are in the most pristine condition. I have actually gone to multiple retailers in order to obtain the mint-est copy of a book from certain favorite authors. Fairly easy to do though in my native NYC, especially with multiple BNs around.

An ex-gf commented that it was exactly like someone picking fruit.

My books also stay in as mint a condition as possible, even after reading. No folded pages, no torn covers, no broken spines, no heavily damaged dust jackets, etc...

what can I say?

PS: as an Amazon customer pretty much from when they started, I distinctly remember being hooked on them after I received my very first book order and saw how well they packaged my books.

They had me at the shrink-wrap.

Last edited by lestatar; 06-08-2011 at 11:45 AM.
lestatar is offline   Reply With Quote