View Single Post
Old 03-03-2009, 04:51 PM   #40
Liviu_5
Books and more books
Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.

Device: Nook Color, Itouch, Nokia770, Sony 650, Sony 700(dead), Ebk(given)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barcey View Post
That's news to me. I consider half a billion dollars a fair profit.

http://blog.wired.com/music/2008/03/...apparentl.html
Actually the article quoted is just silly; they use the 29c per song Apple used to get from each 99c track sold and ramp up from there (the pricing of iTunes is different today, but I doubt it favors Apple much more); the comments to it reflect more the actual facts.

Still iTunes is essential to Apple so you can argue - correctly imho - that the actual numbers (which are probably a very low percentage from the total Net) are not relevant, and you gotta take iTunes+iPods as a unit when you look at profitability.

We will see but for now all experience shows that it's hard to make *lots* of money on online digital content - it's not that people do not pay for online content if it adds value, it's just that they do not pay that much...
Liviu_5 is offline   Reply With Quote