View Single Post
Old 08-10-2012, 04:29 PM   #58
QuantumIguana
Philosopher
QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2 gen, Kindle Fire 1st Gen, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfwreck View Post
In the facebook page drama, apparently one author said that "any site that wants to list affiliate links to any of her books should have to get her permission first."

So some authors may not have realized the lending feature existed, and might believe that even if it does, the individual customers SHOULD ask author permission before loaning their books. Or recommending them.

Which, um. I'm happy not to recommend any books by authors who think I need their permission to suggest their works to other people.

Once you've given permission, people don't need to ask permission. Do I need to ask permission when I read the books I purchased? I need no permission to link to a book, copyright only covers making copies, and a link, a review or discussion is not a copy. Loaning a book creates a copy, but the author has already given permission. It is fascinating that some, just can't apologize, but instead double down.
QuantumIguana is offline   Reply With Quote