View Single Post
Old 09-08-2011, 12:05 PM   #11
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Reup: Thanks for that - but I am afraid that I get an error 404 trying to view any of those. If you want to email them to me at calibre2opds at itimpi dot freeserve dot co dot uk I can check them that way. Alternatively (and probably more useful) there should be a calibre configuration profile in the .calibre2opds folder under your home folder that will show all the settings used at the time. It will probably be called default.xml if you have not set up an explicitly named profile. An alternative is the calibre2opds.log file from the log sub-folder of that location as that also lists all configuration parameters active when the last generation run was done.

Probably all I need to know is which of the three big 'mode' buttons at the top is selected. You should, I believe, only be able to set the Destination folder if the second (Publish) or third (nook) modes are selected. If that is not the case I definitely want to know as it indicates some unexpected behavior.

As a result of your problem I have pulled up the code that controls the copying of catalog and library files (which thankfully I did not write ) and made certain that in all cases where there is not an existing calibre2opds catalog at the target location then a warning dialog is popped up giving the path sand aying that all the existing contents of that location will be lost. The run is aborted if the user does not OK that warning. The warning is not being pioped up if there is already a catalog there so as it will be an exception hopefully users will reading it before giving the OK to calibre2opds to proceed.

The reason that files get deleted at all is that if you are overwriting an existing catalog and file names have been changed, then if you did not delete files no longer wanted you would gradually accumulate a residue of orphaned catalog files. However I am wondering if that might occasonially be a pain it is worth taking by default? If so I could add a checkbox to the GUI for "never delete files" defaulting to on to allow a user to control such behavior. However, I am not sure that it is worth it now that the checks for for making sure what is being silently overwritten is already a calibre2opds catalog have been improved for the next calibre2opds release.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote