View Single Post
Old 03-13-2009, 11:15 PM   #7
Boston
Fanatic
Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Aura H20, Pixel XL
The DMCA notice involved KindlePID, not Kindlefix. Many posts made it clear that with the iTunes store, you could now buy Amazon books and remove the DRM once you got the PID.

In fact, if you read the DMCA letter it is focused on the use of the script to remove DRM from their books...not its use to put content on the Kindle.

The fact that Kindlefix (which you are referring to) can't run without the PID is a consequence but possibly not the target.

I am not happy with Amazon's move because I like to borrow library books; however, I'm just not convinced they meant to target Kindle owners.

Last edited by Boston; 03-13-2009 at 11:19 PM.
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote