View Single Post
Old 12-19-2010, 05:37 PM   #3
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
If you don't necessarily want e-ink, the Pocketbook IQ is about $150. It's a new device, so I don't know too much about it yet, but it might be worth checking out.

For PDFs (I'm also a grad student, so I imagine that you are drowning in PDFs) people seem to be more satisfied with Sony products. The PRS-600 (last year's Sony model) and the PRS-350 (on sale this week, for about $150) fit in your price range, but the 600 is the older model with a worse screen. The PRS-350 has a 5 inch screen, but it's the new pearl screen, with better contrast. You can use reflow on PDFs and pan and zoom on the 350 and the 600. A Kindle wi-fi also fits your range. Here is a site that offers excellent reviews of these devices, including videos. I hope this helps a bit.

http://www.the-ebook-reader.com/pocketbook.html
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote