View Single Post
Old 10-22-2009, 08:43 PM   #16
geneaber
Connoisseur
geneaber doesn't littergeneaber doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 2
I am not offended by the 1 loan limit, but question the 14 days. Often it takes me much longer than that to finish a book. I think that limit should be at least 30 days (if not eliminated).

What we need to do is figure out a way to set up a "market" for loaning books. It appears that loaning will be as simple as knowing their email address associated with BN account. If that is the case we should be able to set up a system where "friends" can loan to other "friends" in the pool. What we would need to make sure is the ratio of books loaned out vs. being loaned to is 1:1 (otherwise someone could take advantage of the system). This would allow those like me who take more than 14 days to read a book to borrow the same book from 2 different people consecutively (extending the loan period to 28 days). This system could essentially double the amount of books you read for the money (and if that is the case, any Kindle Book pricing advantage goes away).

Any thoughts on implementation?

The real issue is how many publishers prohibit loaning. When they realize the implications, I suspect many of them will shut it down.
geneaber is offline   Reply With Quote