View Single Post
Old 02-02-2009, 03:26 AM   #13
June
Addict
June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Oasis 1&2 and others
Quote:
Originally Posted by tibiafry View Post
- - - because why would somebody pay for something that can be downloaded from free? (P2P, rapidshare, megaupload,... you know the thing, I'm sure). I'd like you to think from this point of view a little. - - -
That one is easy:
- because I want to have good quality books
- because I want the author/publicist to be able to live and put out more books
- because it's easy to buy from reputable e-book-stores
- because I am against pirated/illegal books on principle

Or all in all: "Loyalty towards the authors and bookstores" (and that means I only buy from e-bookstores that I feel are treating me fairly)

And also I am happy to buy ebooks because it is easy to remove DRM from the books I buy, I always do that so I can store them safely and use them in the future too (I've had harddisks break and computers crash so many times, I am not willing to tie my books to specific devices).
June is offline   Reply With Quote