View Single Post
Old 04-13-2016, 09:56 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Any time I have put a CBZ on any of my Kobo ereaders, the file name is used for the title of the book. The author is "Unknown Author". Your example is probably using the file name. The name comes from the save template you have in the driver configuration. This commonly has the book title as part of it. When sending the book to the device, calibre will convert the name to something safe for the file system. My guess is that this is what has happened here and what you are seeing is the actual file name. I don't have any Chinese CBZ's here, but I have just sent an epub with a Japanese title to my Glo HD and the file name uses only English letters.

As you are using calibre, get my Kobo Utilities plugin. You can use the "Update metadata in device library" function to fix this. This updates the database on the device directly and can set the metadata to whatever is in the calibre library.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote