View Single Post
Old 06-26-2013, 04:18 PM   #6
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
The first thing is to get a copy of the DictionaryConverter program. The latest from the PocketBook website only has the collates.txt, keyboard.txt and morphems.txt file for English and Russian. Some other versions had files for other languages (including German). Search around for the DicConverter4_1.zip or DictionaryConverter-neu\ 171109.zip files, as those definitely have the German files. The morphems.txt file is almost empty, but it will at least get you started. The "-neu 171109" version also has the instructions translated from Russian to English, so that may be useful to you. They all have Windows executables, though, and I can't remember if they work under Wine. If the data from that website is in a standard format, then you can probably find a Linux program to convert it to one of the few formats that DictionaryConverter understands. Doing the final step requires the Windows-only DictionaryConverter program, though, since the PocketBook dictionary format is proprietary, and there are no opensource programs I know of that can do the conversion to it.

But, it's been about a year since I looked into all this, so it's probably worth using google to see if anything has changed since then.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote