View Single Post
Old 03-01-2013, 07:58 PM   #46
Arios
A curiosus lector!
Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Touch
@vampiregrave, I like your epub and its classic look.

I did some tests on the KT (Kobo Touch) and the Sony, and of course, I met the same problems you faced.
  • With the Sony it goes a little better than the KT but the two failed before "Mais antigo na Espanha que o Condado Portucalense..." and "O Fidalgo encolhera os ombros..."
  • My suggestion (lpara) does not work, at least with your original file.
  • So I modified your epub. I removed the embedded font and added the codes you know about widows and orphans.
  • With the KT it goes better than before, but not perfectly (there are still gaps in the pages). But if, as I have already pointed out, we change the name to kepub.epub, it works as expected. So there is a known bug on the Kobo which affects epub files but not "kepub".
  • With the Sony the "revised" epub works correctly (no need to rename it!).
I guess the bug of the Kobo with long paragraph will eventually be corrected, so be patient. I wonder otherwise if it would be usefull to have a mechanism like : {paragraph-wrap: break-paragraph;}?

Last edited by Arios; 03-01-2013 at 08:25 PM.
Arios is offline   Reply With Quote