View Single Post
Old 04-03-2011, 03:38 AM   #1
arspr
Dead account. Bye
arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Question Possible tweak: Stop auto-collapsing browser nested items

I am really annoyed with this behaviour of Calibre.

Would it be possible to change it?

I proceed to explain it. When you have hierarchical tags (or custom fields BTW), if you drag one book to one of the lower levels in the left browser the full group is collapsed into the parent item.

So if you want to continue adding this tag to other books by the drag method, you have to expand the group EACH time you've made one addition...

Maybe, you have no other (easy) way to make Calibre behave in order to update the book sums or perform whatever other needed internal Calibre process, but I find it really annoying.

Another related suggestion. (Which I suppose it could be more difficult).

The browser collapsing issue DOES happen whenever you update tag info in any way:
  • typing a tag value for a book directly in the column view,
  • erasing a tag value in the column view,
  • erasing the LAST available tag value so it has to disappear from browser,
  • adding a brand-new value so it has to appear in browser,

Would it be possible to keep Calibre from collapsing the browser view in these situations too? Even when a fully new value appears or when the last available value disappears?
arspr is offline   Reply With Quote