View Single Post
Old 01-22-2009, 02:54 PM   #54
rixte
Addict
rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rixte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: new oasis, paperwhite, ipad, kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demos View Post
I just joined this thread. I am having big time battery problems with my Kindle. I just sent this to the Amazon thread on Kindle battery life:

I bought my Kindle in July, 2008. The original battery lasted 77 days. The second battery lasted 71 days. The third battery lasted 75 days. I ordered a fourth battery in November 2008 and I am still waiting for it. That means my $359.00 investment is dead, useless. Furthermore, when I called Kindle support, I was told that Kindle batteries last "years." When I took issue with that statement, the phone went dead. I began as an enthusiastic recommender of the Kindle. No more. Amazon needs to level with its customers about the durability of its batteries and why it is unable to supply replacements. Even more importantly, it should recognize that having banked my $359.00, it owes me a refund. I would be very interested to know if others have had similar experiences.
That seems very extreme and I tend to agree with pshrynk that the problem might be with your actual Kindle, that there might be some problem with the connection causing your batteries to short out somehow. One battery bad can happen, but that many bad in a row is really strange.
rixte is offline   Reply With Quote