View Single Post
Old 10-25-2012, 07:26 AM   #4
lecoeur
Connoisseur
lecoeur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lecoeur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lecoeur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lecoeur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lecoeur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lecoeur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lecoeur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lecoeur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lecoeur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lecoeur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lecoeur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
black covers

Quote:
Originally Posted by mXb View Post
I downloaded a book from their store, "The Tin Men" by Michael Frayn some time ago. At that time it had the normal colourful book cover.

A couple of days ago I had to reinstall Kobo Desktop at Kobo's suggestion to try to fix a problem (it didn't fix the problem !).

When I resynched I found the book cover for that book was plain black now ?

Kobo are telling me the cover is black because that book now"...does not have a cover..." due to "...a publisher's decision..." ?

All the other Michael Frayn books on their website have normal book covers.

All other major online stores show a proper book cover, why not Kobo UK.

This sounds like a Kobo fob off to me.

Can you guys out there check Kobo's store in USA, Canada, Australia etc and see what cover they show for this book please ?

Thanks in advance...
For the whole of last week all my covers(11) suddenly turned black for no apparent reason on WH Smith's UK store whilst they were tinkering under the hood and doing some 'maintenance.' This week by Monday lunchtime they were all back in full colour.
FYI they remained in colour on Kobo's Canuck Indigo site and also Kobo itself.
It could well be that you have been affected by this and that it has absolutely 'puffin nuffin' to do with the publisher at all.
lecoeur is offline   Reply With Quote