View Single Post
Old 02-28-2009, 04:50 PM   #9
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u
Track down the USB cable for the Palm Zire and you'll be able to charge your K1 via USB with it in about the same amount of time as the wall charger.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinew View Post
I tried that, it still does the trickle charge. which is why I took some extreme measure -> https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...796#post367796
are you certain about that? that would a be a great solution!(but I doubt it would work) I tried all sort of USB to mini cables before, all of them just did the same thing as the stock cable - trickle charge.
The USB cable for the Palm Zire plugs into the USB port on your computer and has a connector that plugs into the power port in your Kindle 1. You're right that anything plugging into the USB port on the Kindle will only trickle charge, but this uses the standard power port on the Kindle. It means that you can charge from your computer rather from the electric outlet (mains).
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote