Thread: Glo Bad battery?
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 01:20 PM   #63
VelvetElvis
Addict
VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Fire HD8, Asus, Sony (T1, PRS-300), Kobo (Glo, Touch, Wireless)
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by VelvetElvis View Post
My GF's Glo has similar awful battery life. She only uses the light about 1/3 of the time, max, WiFi is always off. She reads probably 2 hours a day.

Charged fully 2 days ago, and it's down to about 1/3 left. We upgraded her from a Touch, which was significantly better. Thought maybe it needed to be re-calibrated, so I did a paperclip reset, but it made no difference.

I'm just getting her to compile some more accurate figures, then firing off a letter to Kobo support for service info.

UPDATE: Jan 17
---------------
3 days after a full charge, it went dead on Sleep mode, WiFi off. Sent the details to Kobo, and they're supposed to be sending me a replacement. I hope it's new/near new, as this one was hosed out-of-the-box.
Contacted Kobo, explained everything I tried, and they simply said that the reader would need to be replaced. Replacement came yesterday after about 4 days, with a pre-paid return envelope.

Although I haven't had a chance to wring out the new one, I'm very happy with the support Kobo has provided.
VelvetElvis is offline   Reply With Quote