View Single Post
Old 12-25-2012, 03:11 AM   #1
Faceless
Faceless began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Odyssey HD Frontlight
Power button Broken on HD Frontlight

A few days ago, I dropped the device on the floor from about 40cm... It split open just a bit and the power button fell out. It didn't seem like a big deal and I put it back in again. Device worked just fine.
Then, I updated to the new firmware. A few hours after that.... the device started turning itself on again after I had turned it off. So I opened it up (just split open the plastic at the bottom, nothing broken or anything) and thought I'd just make sure the power button was placed properly.
After closing the case again, THE POWER BUTTON DIDN'T WORK AT ALL. Okay, I thought, I won't be able to turn it on now after it gets turned off! So I de-activated automatic sleep. Worked fine, I went to bed and it worked great the next day (except I couldn't turn it off).
Well, it would have been all right, if I didn't decide to transfer some books to my device from my PC. I did just that, and after I was finished and had done safe usb removal... THE SCREEN DOESN'T LEAVE THE "CONNECTED..." MESSAGE. I can't use the device now. It feels really terrible.
I've tried checking the power switch again.... I took it out and tried pushing the actual power switch (not the button) with a very small stick for 10 seconds.... DOESN'T WORK.
Just what should I do now? I know an electrician who has offered to open the device up fully and look at it, but that would probably void the warranty, wouldn't it? He would have to actually remove some screws and stuff, and there is the possibility that the device would break...
Faceless is offline   Reply With Quote