Thread: E-book prices
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2012, 09:17 PM   #22
spindlegirl
Wizard
spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra h20, Paperwhite 2017, Phone & Tablet w Moonreader
The "container" determines how long I expect to retain the experience, so in that respect it matters a lot.
I am still reading printed books I bought 20 years ago at yard sales. The iffiness of whether that will still be so for an e-book I buy determines whether or not I am willing to pay the same price (or close to it) for an e-book (gadget dependent) as I am for a self-contained book in printed form.

I'd hate to pay $15 dollars for "an experience" only to find I am holding a useless piece of garbage in my hands 10 years later.
spindlegirl is offline   Reply With Quote