View Single Post
Old 06-19-2011, 05:59 PM   #8
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool HUH!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Use the REGEX in Sigil.
It will take 2-3 passes to avoid apostrophes, and apply the correct curl.
Search for <space>'
replace with: space "

second pass [^n]'<space> try and skip words like nutn'
replace with: "<space>

Third pass MANUAL REPLACE MODE
n'<space> check the exceptions of pass 2, Next or Replace as needed.
ok....please understand that i'm a sigil neophyte and the question arises....

HUH!?

....by which i mean that i cannot find anything called regex in sigil 4.....ah ha, 'regular expressions' that's what you're referring to. so set the find/replace function to use regular expressions & use your recomendations in several passes.

thanks, i'll try it/them next time i hit a document with those offensive single quotes.

great minds, gotta' love 'em!
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote