View Single Post
Old 04-10-2011, 10:21 AM   #7
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardeegee View Post
Free copies of Robert J Sawyer books, but you have to jump through hoops to get them.

http://www.microsoft.com/canada/wind...nload-ie9.aspx
A lot of hoops. Two ebooks combined into one and with no cover art makes me "Wonder" if it was worth the trouble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATDrake View Post
I was so excited when the email offer for this showed up in my Hotmail account last weekend. Then I found out that my fairly recent-ish auxiliary just-for-Windows-running netbook couldn't go any higher than IE8.

Well, at least they seem to have put the entirety of RJS's "special introduction" on their "NO BOOK 4 U" page and I can always content myself with the more readily available Kobo-exclusive Special Edition of the third in the the trilogy, Wonder, which contains a bonus essay and short story.

I hope some of the other Canadian sf readers here will be able to take advantage of this, because hoop-jumping aside, these are really nice titles (Hugo nominated!) and a pretty good promotional gift for those few who qualify.
I found the email "A gift for Hotmail members", from the Windows Live Team, in my Hotmail Junk folder.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote