View Single Post
Old 08-15-2014, 02:06 PM   #7
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
I am at page 150 now and I find this a challenging book. I still am rather puzzled about the Venetian young man, who isn't called by name anywhere.
The book looks like a novel set in a specific age, the 17th century, but the city of city of Constantinople was called Istanbul about 1923, when the Republic of Turkey was founded. For me this adds a little to the confusion of the story of these two (?) young men; one from the east and one from the west.

I found some music from the age this novel is set:
17th century Ottoman music

Venetian music of the early Baroque (around the 17th century)

edit: well, in retrospect, perhaps with this music I'm adding to the confusion in the book......

Last edited by desertblues; 08-16-2014 at 03:32 PM.
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote