View Single Post
Old 08-04-2008, 06:21 AM   #26
haridasi
Zealot
haridasi will become famous soon enoughharidasi will become famous soon enoughharidasi will become famous soon enoughharidasi will become famous soon enoughharidasi will become famous soon enoughharidasi will become famous soon enough

Device: irex iliad
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I'm sorry, but I don't understand you. An IP address allows the identity of a specific computer to be determined, does it not? I know that it can refer to different computers at different times, but an ISP can determine which customer that IP address was allocated to at a specific time. In what way does this not constitute evidence, in your view?
Can you prove exactly who sat at the computer at the time in question? What the RIAA targets are the people who own the computers, and say they are responsible for what happens on that computer. So an internet cafe is responsible for everything their clientelle does.

It's like saying that MR is responsible for what every user on this forums says. And if somebody talks positivly about piracy on MR, then MR should be shut down because they recommends piracy.
haridasi is offline   Reply With Quote