Thread: Glo Book title problem
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013, 10:25 PM   #3
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC View Post
After a lot of headscratching I have now found that it's possible to have a Book Title that prevents the book from being opened on the Glo.

My problem came with Charles Kinglsey's book - Westward Ho! I eventually realised that it was the title that stopped me from being able to display a kepubised version of the book.

Removing the ! solved it. I suspect that the real issue here is that the book title is used to generate the file name and although it is possible to include the ! in the filename for some reason the Kobo viewer chokes on it and won't open it although the cover page displays perfectly.

There may be other characters that give the same effect, it's a matter of being aware.

BobC
The exclamation mark can be a special character in Unix/Linux (bash uses it for history expansion) -- I have very unfond memories of removing files with !'s in their name by escaping the ! (rm Don\!t Delete This File for example). Given the Kobo is a linux device, issues with a ! (bang) in a filename is not surprising.

Regards,
David
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote