View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 06:44 PM   #15
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by vice-versa View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
As I can't break this here, I need a little debugging help. Could you:

- Using your reader, create a shelf but don't put a book on it.done
- Start calibre and then restart in debugging mode.Tried all buttons to look for this feature, found it (I'd rather not play with buttons for wich I don't know the future behaviour when hit )
- Connect your reader and let calibre sync.Can't find a button for that
- Close calibre.Done
- When it closes, a log file will be displayed. Send that to me in a PM or put it somewhere I can download.(PM sended or nearly)
- Disconnect your reader and check if the shelf is there.It is still there but as I couldn't figure how to sync the device... I think it's normal

To restart calibre in debugging mode, click on the arrow next to the preferences button and select "Restart in debug mode".Ooops I should not have run the process step by step
Thanks, but, the log wasn't complete. Or at least it didn't contain anywhere near as many lines of output as I expected.

I'm hoping the problem is the "let calibre sync" bit. There isn't a button, it happens automatically. When calibre detects a USB device it checks if it is a reader it knows about. If it is, calibre does the sync. The sync involves running two background jobs and then calibre updating the library list and menubar. From the log it looks like you stopped calibre at the moment the first background job started.

So, can you try again? This time watch the bottom right corner were it says "Jobs". The number after it will go up to 2 when calibre starts syncing the device. When it has finished, it drops back to 0. Then close calibre and see if there is more in the debug log.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote