View Single Post
Old 03-03-2012, 10:45 AM   #34
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawhill View Post
On the kindle that would rather be
Code:
nc 192.168.15.201 5555 | dd of=/dev/mmcblk0p1 bs=4K
I would go as far as saying that even piping via SSH should work. So that would trim down to just doing
Code:
ssh root@KINDLE dd of=/dev/mmcblk0p1 bs=4k < mmcblk0p1.img
on the host PC.
Oops. You are obviously correct. I was in a hurry and typed quickly from memory (which is not as reliable as it used to be). I fixed it in my original post. The "piping from SSH" looks like a useful tip (perhaps with knc1's suggested modification). Thanks.

P.S. Don't you just love it when even "too simple to bother testing" things cannot be trusted unless you actually TEST them, and I am all too often in a hurry and skip that important step? Thanks for the quick feedback before I added to the confusion when people tried using my information posted above.

Last edited by geekmaster; 03-03-2012 at 10:53 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote