View Single Post
Old 11-13-2011, 11:07 PM   #8
Tango Mike
Enthusiast
Tango Mike began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thank you, dwig. I appreciate your explanation, and I get the point.

With more time than discretionary income, I've been unable to hire someone to help me convert my Word manuscript into MOBI and ePub, design the layout for the print version, and create the covers for both. During the learning process with Calibre, Photoshop, and InDesign, and working with Kindle Direct Publishing, PubIt, and CreateSpace, it's been a matter of trial and error to teach myself how to solve problems. So when I tried to deliver the ePub to iTunes and received the long list of error codes, I began trying to figure out what they were telling me so I could fix them.

Since code is a mysterious and undecipherable language to this dinosaur, I searched for plain language explanations for the error codes to help me return to the source Word document, fix the offending text item by item, reconvert the file to ePub and revalidate it. I've found no such source of help.

If I can't produce an ePub that will validate, selling the novel on iTunes is a lost cause. And although it represents a relatively small portion of the total market, I hate to abandon the attempt just because the path got a little rougher.

As suggested by Toxaris, I'm going to try Sigil. Here we go . . .
Tango Mike is offline   Reply With Quote